11.01.2010

Spiritual Maturity

I've been thinking about what it means to be spiritually mature. I've also been coming back to the word "unearthed" tonight. I wonder if the two are related...
Initially I thought that spiritual maturity for me would be found in putting myself out there, going out on a limb, baring my feelings, thoughts, and questions. I think that maturity can still be found in doing this, but I feel like there is more.
Maturity is found in change.
What are the things that I allow to change in order to allow myself to mature?
I keep coming back to myself as the thing that needs to mature and I keep thinking about how when I get to know myself better, I change and therefore I mature. I ask myself a lot of questions: why are you doing that? why do you feel that way? when did you start feeling this way? what's really going on here? are you really upset about that or is it something else?
Sometimes I drive myself crazy and my brain needs to take a break from the rest of my body.
But sometimes, my brain and body have a conversation, an analysis, a heart to heart and we all emerge slightly closer with each other and more in tune with what the other needs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home